For the facility of the passengers, IRCTC has introduced the Tatkal facility that is immediate ticket reservation. This facility has some IRCTC Tatkal rules and regulations to be followed while booking and cancellation of the travel tickets.
Tatkal Reservation rules to be borne in mind are as follows:
- According to Tatkal Reservation rules booking can be done just two days before the travel date that is if we have to travel o 2nd July we can book ticket on 30th of June only and not before that.
- As per IRCTC Tatkal Rules Tatkal charges are premium to the normal ticket that is passenger is charged with extra percentage other than the ticket value. 10 %of the basic fare for second class and 30% of the basic fare for second class and 30% of the basic fare for all other classes.
- As per IRCTC Tatkal Rules no concession is allowed in Tatkal booking like ladies quota, senior citizen and student pass etc.
- According to Tatkal Reservation rules No modification of any form is allowed on the Tatkal ticket.
- According to Tatkal Reservation rules Tatkal booking opens at 8:00 am in the morning only.
- As per IRCTC Tatkal Rules Tatkal tickets will be issued for actual distance of travel, instead of end-to-end, subject to the distance restriction applicable to the train. The same Tatkal berth/seat may be booked in multiple legs till preparation of charts. At the time of preparation of charts, unutilized portion may be released to the General RAC/Waiting list passengers.
- For the Tatkal tickets, at least one person should carry original ID card at the time of journey.
- For the purpose of granting refunds & issuing TDRs for W/L, the time limit will be the same as applicable for refund of normal tickets.
Tatkal Cancellation Charges:
A flat refund of 25% of total fare charged on the ticket, excluding tatkal charge that is granted on cancellation of tatkal ticket, which has been presented for cancellation upto 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. However, full refund of Tatkal cancellation charges will be granted on the tickets booked under Tatkal scheme in the following circumstances:-
- If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours at the journey originating point of the passenger & not the boarding point if the passenger's journey originating point and boarding point are different.
- If the train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
- If the train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
- In case of non attachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been earmarked and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
- If the party has been accommodated in lower class and does not want to travel. In case the party travels in lower class, the passenger will be given refund of difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal cancellation charges, if any